FULL TIME POSITION
Coast Supply Co. is a 75 year old supplier of quality building and architectural supplies based in Carpinteria, CA, with a mission to help builders and homeowners put the ‘dream’ into their “dream house”. We supply the highest quality materials for our clients at fair and honest prices. Our craftsmanship and attention to detail is second to none. We are a fast-paced, growth oriented company, with big dreams and plans to multiply throughout the state of California, and we are looking for amazing team members to join us on the adventure of a lifetime. To learn more about our what drives us, click for our core values (www.coastsupplyco.com/the-difference)
This is a full-time, key role on our sales team, reporting to our General Manager. For this role, you’ll need to live in or near Carpinteria, CA and be willing to work in our showroom on Santa Claus Lane, 5 days a week, including a rotating Saturday once a month. Hours for this role are minimum 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday, and on occasion there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during a launch or other special events throughout the year.
The mission of the Window Salesperson is to support Coast Supply and our builders, architects and homeowners by assisting in the selecting, design, problem solving, and delivering on all of their window needs. Although window sales experience is not required, a knowledge of architecture, general building and good design is helpful. The Window Salesperson will keep the showroom well organized, very clean and presentable. The Window Salesperson will expect job-site visits, meetings with architects and builders, designers and clients, both in store and on the job.
The Window Salesperson will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Assist builders and architects in the design and selection of new windows and doors
- Read and understand blueprints provided by customers
- Use proprietary software to virtually build window quotes
- Meet with architects to get windows specified on new plans
- Meet with builders and homeowners both at job sites and in store
- Product demonstration, providing appropriate samples to illustrate key features and benefits
- Maintaining and developing relationships to reinforce a commitment to world class customer service across the board (including co-workers, clients, subcontractors, vendors, and the design community
- Cross sell other products to help clients in the “deeper well”
- Answer phones as needed
- Greet customers as needed
- Cover the store when other salespeople are not in
- Basic working knowledge of the other scopes offered at Coast Supply Co.
Design Proficiency: The Window Salesperson will have a high attention to detail and design, be current on style and direction of design, and understand basic material design and build of windows including materials, color and hardware, as well as current trends in windows and doors. A background in carpentry or window sales would be particularly helpful.
Reading blueprints: The Window Salesperson will be proficient at reading blueprints and cut sheets, understand how to do “take-offs” both digitally through pdf’s as well as printed blueprints, and convert those into vendor software built windows, resulting in proposals. This would require a high degree of computer literacy to navigate blueprints, estimating software, and proposal software.
Window experience/understanding: The window salesperson should have experience in the differentiation of quality materials and build of windows, window types, window and door intricacies and millwork.
Sales: The Window Salesperson must be able to flat out sell. This is a commission based position, so this position must be able to generate sales, make outbound calls to connect with builders and architects as well as to farm and close leads.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
Experience: 2-5 years in a sales setting, as well as window/carpentry/design experience.
Physical: Ability to bend, reach, and lift boxes and materials, etc up to 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full Time, Great Commission, Killer benefits.
To apply, please submit the following via email to email@example.com:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Tell us how you heard about this position
- StrengthsFinder Top–5 Strengths Report (optional)
- DISC test (optional)