FULL TIME POSITION
Coast Supply Co. is a 75 year old supplier of quality building and architectural supplies based in Carpinteria, CA, with a mission to help builders and homeowners put the ‘dream’ into their “dream house.” We supply the highest quality materials for our clients at fair and honest prices. Our craftsmanship and attention to detail is second to none. We are a fast-paced, growth oriented company, with big dreams and plans to multiply throughout the state of California, and we are looking for amazing team members to join us on the adventure of a lifetime. To learn more about our what drives us, click for our core values (www.coastsupplyco.com/the-difference)
This is a full-time, key role on our sales team, reporting to our General Manager. For this role, you’ll need to live in or near Carpinteria, CA and be willing to work in our showroom on Santa Claus Lane, 5 days a week, including a rotating Saturday once a month. Hours for this role are minimum 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday, and on occasion there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during a launch or other special events throughout the year.
The mission of the Cabinet Salesperson is to support Coast Supply and our builders and clients by assisting in the conception, design, drafting, and delivering on all of their cabinet needs. Although cabinet experience is not required, a knowledge of woodworking, good design, and architecture is helpful. The Cabinet Salesperson will keep the showroom well organized, very clean and presentable. The Cabinet Salesperson will expect many job-site visits, meetings with architects and builders, designers and clients, both in store and on the job.
The Cabinet Salesperson will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Assist builders in pricing and bidding pre-drawn kitchen/bath/cabinet plans
- Assist clients in cabinet/kitchen design culminating in sales
- Design both on paper and in computer software and ultimately in pricing software to prepare proposals
- Price countertops through take-offs, site measures, and online pricing portals
- Keep showroom well organized and clean
- Display products per the pre-set plan-o-gram
- Set appointments and meet with clients to select cabinets and create design in store, on job sites and in builders’ offices
- Cross sell other products to help clients in the “deeper well”
- Answer phones as needed
- Greet customers as needed
- Cover the store when other salespeople are not in
- Basic working knowledge of the other scopes offered at Coast Supply Co.
Design Proficiency: The Cabinet Salesperson will have a high attention to detail and design, be current on style and direction of design and style trends, and understand basic trends in cabinet design, color, and hardware. A background in cabinet making or kitchen design would be particularly helpful.
Reading blueprints: The Cabinets Salesperson will be proficient at blueprints and renderings, understand how to do “take-offs” and convert those into proposals, both digitally through pdf’s as well as printed blueprints. This would require a high degree of computer literacy to navigate blueprints, estimating software, and design software.
2020/CAD Proficiency: The Cabinet Salesperson must have experience in computer estimating software and the ability to design cabinets in 2020 software and convert that to compelling renderings as well as correct and accurate proposals.
Sales: The Cabinet Salesperson must be able to flat out sell. This is a commission based position, so this position must be able to generate sales, make outbound calls to connect with builders and architects as well as to farm and close leads.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
Experience: 2-5 years in a sales setting, as well as cabinet/carpentry/design experience.
Physical: Ability to bend, reach, and lift boxes and move furniture and rugs, etc up to 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full Time, Great Commission, Killer benefits.
To apply, please submit the following via email to email@example.com:
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- Tell us how you heard about this position
- StrengthsFinder Top–5 Strengths Report (optional)
- DISC test (optional)